The Government of India has enacted RTI Act in 2005. It mandates timely response to citizen requests for government information from various Public Authorities under the government of India as well as the State Governments. It is in this direction and as a constant endeavor of Government of Gujarat and Roads and Buildings Department to provide as much information to the public, suo motto, at regular intervals through various means of communication, including internet (through an exclusive Roads and Buildings department website) so that public have minimum resort to the use of RTI Act, 2005 to obtain information.
According to the requirement of the act, each Public Authority in the state government is required to produce a manual in form of handbook containing all the information of the concerned government.
Like wise Roads and Buildings Department has formulated its own RTI manual to showcase the policy of Government of Gujarat. The intent of this manual is to enhance transparency in decision making process during implementation phase, including those for procurement, financial management, social and environmental safeguards, and to comply with all legal requirements under the RTI Act, 2005.
Under this Act the following information is uploaded as a part of RTI Act, 2005.
- Organization - Particulars, Functions & Duties
- Personnel - Powers and Duties
- Decision Making
- Delegation of Power
- Reference Manual
- Public Consultation
- Remuneration, Compensation
- Concessions, Permits
- Information in Electronic Form: The details in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form is made available through various websites namely,
- Public Information Counter/Centre
- Inspection of Record in the Office, System of issuing of copies of documents, Printed Manual Available and Website of the Public Authority
- Public Information Officers
- Other Info &Yearly Update
As per the requirement of RTI Act, R & B D had already nominated the PIO with the name, designations and other particulars of Public Information Officers as well as APIO which is uploaded on website. GoG has already formed the State Information Commission with State Chief Information Commissioner and State Information Commissioner and the committee for the same.
As per the World Bank, Disclosure Policy for the Gujarat State Highway Project-II is to be formulated. Such policy envisage disclosure of what is required under the act as bare minimum and also disclosure of other information specific to the project. Pro active disclosure under act as alluded above in 17 volumes shall include information relevant to the project.
Pro active disclosure
Following information related to project specific shall be disclosed on pro active basis on the website developed for GSHP-II.
a) Brief details of whole Project
• List of existing roads to be developed into 4 L, 2L+PS and to be rehabilitated
• Various studies made/to be made under the project like Financial Option Study, Institutional Strengthening and Governance & Accountability Action Plan etc.
• Funding details of project
b) Details of Project Staff
• Consultancy staff
• Concerned Project staff
• Task Leader Name & Contact details of World Bank
c) Details of work
• Name of work, length, chainage, name of district
• Brief specification
• Budget allocation
• Name of contractors, date of work order, stipulated date of completion, estimated cost, tender cost etc.
• Concerned Project staff, concerned Consultant’s staff
• Main various works to be implemented like nos. of major bridges, nos. of minor bridges, CD works, Bus shelters etc.
d) Details of Social safeguard
• Approved resettlement action plan
• Approved entitlement matrix
• Village wise Area of Government and Private land to be acquired
• Cultural and religious property to be shifted and relocated
e) Approved Environment Management Action Plan to be incorporated in contract of the work
f) Installation of hording showing brief details of project, brief specification of work, brief contract details as well as contact details of concerned Executive Engineer and contractor at the start and end chainage of the road as well as at four cross road junctions along the length of road
g) Work wise details of PAP, their entitlement of compensation etc.
h) Details of Grievance Redresal Committee, its procedures and mechanism
i) Details of public hearing
j) Complaint handling procedures
k) Details of compensation given to land looser and PAP (Quarterly)
l) Details of social/cultural and religious properties to be relocated
m) Details of benefit of project to the public
n) Details of NGO involved in implementation of RAP
Mode of disclosure
Mode of disclosure shall be as per RTI Act.
The following information shall be disclosed at office of concerned Gram Panchayat.
1. Work wise details of PAP, their entitlement of compensation etc.
2. Details of social/cultural and religious properties to be relocated
3. Details of benefit of project to the public
4. Details of NGO involved in implementation of RAP
5. Village wise area of Government and Private Land to be acquired
6. Details of compensation given to Land looser and PAP
7. MAP of the particular road
Following information shall be disclosed at Government concerned Libraries through reports on
1. Details of Grievance Redresal Committee, its procedures and mechanism
2. Details of complaint handling procedures
3. Approved Resettlement Action Plan (RAP)
4. Approved entitlement matrix (RAP)
5. Details of benefit of project to the public
6. Brief details of the whole project
7. Details of approved Environment Management Action Plan (E-MAP)
8. Details of approved Environment Impact Assessment documents
9. Details of Public hearings
Following information shall be disclosed through hording/board
1. Installation of hording showing brief details of project, brief specification of work, brief contract details as well as contact details of concerned Executive Engineer and contractor at the start and end chainage of the road as well as at four cross road junctions along the length of road
Declaration of PIO and APIO
Under this project, PIO will be the concerned Executive Engineer, State Road Project Division.
Appellate Authority will be Superintending Engineer, Project Implementation Unit when PIO is Executive Engineer
Appellate Authority will be Project Director (Chief Engineer, World Bank) when PIO is Superintending Engineer, Project Implementation Unit / Officer on Special Duty (Special Project)
Details regarding information to be given as a PIO
Sr. No. PIO as a Executive Engineer PIO as a Superintending Engineer PIO as a OSD (SP)
1 All kind of information related to particular work of the project under his jurisdiction All kind of information related whole project All kind of information on dealing with World Bank and related to the Project
Monitoring by S.E, Project Implementation Unit
|Sr. No.||Type of disclosure||Timeframe|
|1||All kind of disclosure to be disclosed on website of GSHP-II after appraisal of the project||Initially within 3 months Uploaded details to be updated every month|
Monitoring of Application received under RTI Act will be done by S.E, Project Implementation Unit as per RTI Act. He will also maintain the register for the same. Project Director (Chief Engineer, World Bank) will review the register maintained by S.E, PIU and the report furnished by S.E, PIU for the same.